Dr Ruth Verity Passchier
Distance Learning Tutor
Ruth is a South African medical doctor currently specialising in Internal Medicine in the US. Ruth completed postgraduate studies at LSHTM and has a special interest in Global Health, Health Systems, and Global Mental Health research and policy. She is a Distance Learning Tutor for the Global Mental Health module at London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine.
- Passchier RV, Stein DJ, Uhlmann A, Van Der Merwe C, Dalvie S. Polygenic Risk and Brain Structural Changes in Methamphetamine-Associated Psychosis in a South African Population. Frontiers in Genetics. 2020;11:1018.
- van der Merwe C, Passchier R, Mufford M, Ramesar R, Dalvie S, Stein DJ. Polygenic risk for schizophrenia and associated brain structural changes: A systematic review. Comprehensive psychiatry. 2019 Jan;88:77-82. doi: 10.1016/j.comppsych.2018.11.014.
- Passchier, R.V., 2017. Exploring the barriers to implementing National Health Insurance in South Africa: The people's perspective. SAMJ: South African Medical Journal, 107(10), pp.836-838.
- Passchier, R.V., Abas, M.A., Ebuenyi, I.D. and Pariante, C.M. Effectiveness of Depression Interventions for People Living with HIV in Sub-Saharan Africa: A Systematic Review & Meta-Analysis of Psychological & Immunological Outcomes. Brain, Behavior, and Immunity. 2018 Oct;73:261-273. doi: 10.1016/j.bbi.2018.05.010.
- Ebuenyi I, Taylor C, O’Flynn D, Prina AM, Passchier RV & Mayston R. The Impact of co-morbid severe mental illness and HIV upon mental and physical health and social outcomes: a systematic review, AIDS Care 2018 Dec;30(12):1586-1594. DOI: 10.1080/09540121.2018.1510110.
- Passchier RV, Owens SE, Wickremsinhe MN, Bismilla N and Ebuenyi ID. Digital depression screening in HIV primary care in South Africa: mood in retroviral+ application monitoring [MIR+ IAM]. Global mental health (Cambridge, England) vol. 6 e2. 28 Jan. 2019, doi:10.1017/gmh.2018.35.
ruth [dot] passchier [at] lshtm [dot] ac [dot] uk (@Email)